Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Wyoming trust

When my family and I first moved to the west side of the state, I was selling items on e-bay. One of the ladies at the post office caught me one day and said, "Do you do e-bay?"

"Yes."

"Do you think you could help me sell some things?"

"Sure."

She wrote my name and number down on a scrap piece of paper, one that had plenty of other things written on it, and she said she would be in touch. She told me she had lots of antique items she wanted to sell, but was having trouble with her computer. She was retired and needed some extra money.

I never heard from her.

Over a year later, my husband came home with a letter from her and a couple of antique items he found in our mailbox. The letter said:

Molly-

Could you sell these for me on e-bay? I'll make it worth your while. Get as much as you can for them. Ha!

What a trusting lady, to leave the antiques in my mailbox with only a letter and the hope I would sell them for her and not run off with them.

I'm glad to see there are still trusting people in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment