Thursday, March 24, 2011

My March Madness

As I hear of other places where the temperature has risen to the point where the grass is greening and the buds on the trees are coming out, I can't help but look outside my window and see my six foot mound of snow. In fact, my lane, on both sides, has a continuous mound at least four feet tall. I can still cross country ski around our small pasture; which is a good thing, I guess.
But I'm ready for the spring cleansing to begin; to open my back door and let the fresh air move through my house; to hear the river water running.
Alas, there has to be some way to fix my situation, and I don't mean a plane ticket.
With a Jack Johnson radio station on Pandora- mixed with 311, Bob Marley, and Jason Marz- I think I'll put on my Bermuda shorts and my tank top with palm trees on it. Some flip flops and a pair of sunglasses will be needed. I'll make a smoothie with mango, banana, frozen blueberries and yogurt. I'm sure I have a little umbrella I can stick in it, a blue one. Then I'll turn up the heat, sit in my chair and read my book.
With an imagination like mine, I can be anywhere I want in seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment