Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Wednesday Yoga

Beginning yoga has been a positive and healthy experience for me. I have always been interested in the practice, but never stepped out to try it. So far this is my second week and I am looking forward to the continuation of the class as I become stronger and more comfortable with some of the poses. Already this week I felt more confident as I stood on my left leg, the right bent and my ankle resting on my left leg and my hands closed and held together at my heart (right now I don't recall what this one was named).

Concentration and balance are needed to stand in such a way, and I found as I focused, really focused, on what I was doing, each position was much easier to complete.

The instructor talked about keeping our lives in balance, keeping the negative aspects out of our minds, focusing on the positive. She asked us to be aware during the days ahead when we found ourselves in a negative situation and how we responded, hopefully positive, and if not, to start being more aware of our response. Interestingly enough, the sermon at church on Sunday paralleled that thought, only more focused on love and our response to one another.

There is so much to learn in this life, and I realize how much more I can enjoy my days when I am balanced and my eyes are fully opened to the beauty around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment