Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A few minutes alone and I have time to turn on the Christmas music, brew some tea, and sit and idly contemplate the season.

Our tree is up and decorated, the house is covered in Santa and nativity scenes, Christmas books from the library, and some of our own, are read in increments, our calendar is filled with upcoming activities, and yet the quiet, still snow outside reminds me to take each silent moment I have and revel in it.

Our lives pass so quickly, and it is moments like these when I can allow the peace of the day to calm my mind. I say a prayer, and I look forward to finding more quiet moments like this in the days ahead. I am ready for the good will of the Christmas season to come into my life, so I can go and share it elsewhere.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you. You've jus' brought calm into my life with your beautiful words.

    Happy Holidays!

    ~ Yaya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! I wanna' help as many bloggers as possible, so here is some information I thought you might like. This young man offers a free ten-day course on how to grow your blog. He must know what he's talking about because he has more than 1900 subscribers. I hope this is somethin' you can use. My gift to you.

    ~ Yaya

    ReplyDelete