Monday, August 8, 2011

Sourdough dreams

Over the summer I have been experimenting with sourdough, making my own starter from scratch. A tedious process, but I have a nice starter sitting in my refrigerator grazing on my weekly feeding of flour.

After about 10 days of two daily feedings, keeping the starter at a precise temperature, checking to make sure the temperature was just right, keeping the starter covered, worrying over my success, the list could go on and on, I was finally able to make some tasty sourdough pancakes.

In the middle of one very stormy night, I had a dream that someone dumped out my starter. Not only did I wake up very aggravated, but had to go and check to make sure my starter was still in the refrigerator and still bubbling away. It was, thank goodness.

About the same time I had a request to do a review on a book about dreams. My answer was…Yes! I want to know what my dream about losing my sourdough starter must mean. I’m looking forward to the answer…if there is one.

No comments:

Post a Comment