Monday, January 25, 2010

One cap too many

Our house is filled with caps.

Sports caps, work caps, dark caps, light caps.

I don't know where they all come from. I believe some of them spontaneously appear out of the sky. Maybe the dog brings them home.

I don't know.

We don't have any squirrels around that could be the culprits, and no mice right now either.

I would like to blame my husband for all of the caps around here, and although a majority of them are his, I have to admit that some of them are mine.

But which ones to give away. I can't part with my Jimmy Buffett hat and my new University of Wyoming visor is not going anywhere. I have a brand new Rocky Mountain Elks Foundation hat with "Committee" embroidered on the back, and I have to keep it around until after the banquet where I will probably gain another one, besides I like this one.

I have a hat to wear in case we need to paint around the house. There's my orange cap I like to wear when I'm hiking in the fall; the color is perfect to warn hunters that I am not a member of any family they would like to shoot.

Another orange one from Humpy's Ale House in Anchorage, Alaska. Far too many memories to send this one out.

A sky blue Ducks Unlimited hat, it's a nice color and sporty looking, why let this one go?

Who could get rid of a Wind River White Water Rafting hat?

So, for now, I'll keep them around. Not everyone can say they have one cap too many.

No comments:

Post a Comment